Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crazy

This has definitely been a crazy week. I've been having flashbacks to the accident along with some awful headaches. I was supposed to have a cop call me last night to follow up with everything, but I didn't hear from him. I keep thinking the guy somehow got complications and has taken a turn for the worse. What if he died? I won't be able to live with that. I hope and pray that he is indeed okay.

The cop I was speaking with the night of the accident said that the guy would be in a lot of pain and a lot of trouble the next day. In fact, he was probably going to be arrested, as well as his girlfriend for drunk driving (on bikes though..interesting).

It's definitely one of those stories you just don't know how to respond. You don't know if you should be sympathetic or laugh because I'm the one who hit the guy, I got nothing against me, he got hurt and is going to jail. Does it make any sense at all? HaHaHa

On another note...My back has been hurting since the accident. It's hurting right now actually. My emotions have been out of whack too. I still have a lot of stuff on my plate I'm trying to figure out and trust God for while seeking advice from others.

I have to get going...I hope you're doing well, whoever you are who's reading this =)

2 comments:

My Favorite Things said...

I'm praying for you bekah! God is good... he holds you in the palm of his hands and directs your paths!! Yay that it's not up to us to figure it all out. I pray that you will have direction soon. love ya!

Emily said...

Weird, my comments disappeared... that's strange. Oh well, I think I left like three comments and I hope you saw them, because I know they made it on here 'cause I saw them... strange!

Anways, two of them were silly saying "oh my goodness" about your accident :( and the other was saying "hey! I didn't know you had a blog-here's my blog." But then I saw your blogroll and felt sill y because you already KNEW I had a blog. And the other one said...

I hope this verse below might encourage you:
My son, if you receive my words
and treasure up my commandments with you,
2 making your ear attentive to wisdom
and inclining your heart to understanding;
3 yes, if you call out for insight
and raise your voice for understanding,
4 if you seek it like silver
and search for it as for hidden treasures,
5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
7 he stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
he is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
8 guarding the paths of justice
and watching over the way of his saints.
9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice
and equity, every good path;
10 for wisdom will come into your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
11 discretion will watch over you,
understanding will guard you,

In times of discouragement or being overwhelmed with circumstances and decisions, God's word promises that if we turn to Him and seek him with ALL our strength and cry out to Him for understanding, then we will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. What a promise!!

Your mercy found me, Upon the broken road, And lifted me beyond my failing, Into Your glory, My sin and shame dissolved, And now forever Yours I'll stand. In love never to end, To call You more than Lord, Glorious friend. So I throw my life upon all You are, Cause I know You gave it all for me, And when all else fades, My soul will dance with You, Where the love lasts forever.

"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4