Friday, November 23, 2007

It's been a blessing to be able to come to Texas for a week. We were able to spend Thanksgiving Day with family we haven't seen in way too many years. This side of the family is pretty much crazy, which makes the whole experience so much fun.
I've had a handful of people ask me if I would ever move out here. You know, I couldn't give them an answer. Florida is my home now, but I don't know if it will always be. We'll see when Dad sells his book...if he makes a ton of money and my parents decide to move out here, I'll go with them. But that's not until the future, so I'll just wait on that. It's so different out here though. Everything is brown and every house/apartment looks exactly like the others. AND there's NO trees. Oh! And it snowed on Thanksgiving. I'm pretty much certain that I'll never get that in Florida...ever.
I miss everyone back at home. I'm not at a point of saying I wish I were home though. I don't know. I feel like everything in my life is totally different now because of what God's done in my heart. Like the friends I had...they're still friends, but it's different now. In a good way of course, but still different... Basically a lot is different.
Well, when you look at things that haven't changed like my family, my house, my car, my job, my daily routine, etc. you would think that I'm just a nut because I'm saying that all these things have changed...
But the reality is...The Lord has so transformed my heart that I see things in a totally new perspective now. I know one thing that's pretty much major....I've always listened to rap music , Soul, R&B, Rock, Pop...definitely not Christian. I would say the majority of my music choices would be the kind of music you hear in the club. Actually, they do play it at the club...that's where I found most of my music. But anyways... I don't want to be legalistic in any way, but I haven't listened to any of that stuff since last weekend. I just haven't cared for it. Instead, my heart and soul cries out for worship music! And that's exactly what I've been doing...and singing along of course ;-)
Now just so you know, I have a lot of things I need to fix from my past. Like my music for example. I have a lot of junk I need to sort through. There's other stuff too, but that seems like one of the biggest areas I think. Now if I hear secular music I'm not offended at it. I sing along with what I know. But I don't love it like I once did. And yes, I LOVED my music. Isaac would tell you! I would play my rap so loud in the car with the bass cranked up, windows down, big ol' crazy sunglasses...yeah. Fun times. But in light of eternity...not fun times. It's like "look at me everyone! I'm messed up and I like it!" HaHaHa Oh the heart of a sinner! Aren't we always seeking for others approval or to serve ourselves? But grace has set us free!
Ok, it's late. I'm heading to bed. Have a good night world.

PS Lord, please be with the ones I love tonight...and those who I have yet to meet.

No comments:

Your mercy found me, Upon the broken road, And lifted me beyond my failing, Into Your glory, My sin and shame dissolved, And now forever Yours I'll stand. In love never to end, To call You more than Lord, Glorious friend. So I throw my life upon all You are, Cause I know You gave it all for me, And when all else fades, My soul will dance with You, Where the love lasts forever.

"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4