Sunday, November 18, 2007

A New Life

The Lord has been very kind to me. This weekend is pretty much amazing.
Sin had grabbed my heart and controlled everything in me -- how I lived, how I thought, how I spoke, how I acted, etc. Especially within the last year! In my sinfulness, God has been faithful and merciful time and time again. I never thought of it as kindness, but rather that everything is a big joke. Also, that everyone I know has been brainwashed. Crazy, huh? That's what happens when sin has a hold of your heart.
I've done things that I truly regret. Not only in my own life, but now I know that I've HURT GOD. I've hurt a lot of people in the process... The sorrow in my heart for the things I've done is overwhelming, but the Lord has given me new eyes.
This past Friday night at church the Lord met me. He stole my heart. He broke me. I was humbled and He held me. I was truly forgiven. FORGIVEN. From ALL my sin. God in His kindness spoke to me, saying to leave the past behind me - this is a new day! He's placed my feet on a rock and is leading me in a way I've never been before.
The sorrow that I've had over my sin has now been replaced with JOY. Never in my life have I felt such a burden lifted off my shoulders. I've never really felt true JOY before! Since Friday night, I haven't stopped singing praise to the Lord! It's not an act, like I've been doing for so long. I now have TRUE JOY!!!!!!! Praise God!!!!!
I don't understand the Grace of God. But I do know that it's holding me up, guarding my heart and my mind. His Grace is what is getting me and will get me through this life...Until I am with Him face to face in Heaven.
I'm very excited to see what God has planned for my life. In anything and everything, I want His name to be honored and glorified because of WHO He is and WHAT He's done...For SAVING ME from my sin! For replacing my hunger for sin with worship songs to His name!
I'm in so much faith right now. Through kindness, God has spoken through certain individuals in prophetic gifts to me. Everything was so relevent so you KNOW it was God!
I'm praying that God will use me, use my past and God's forgiveness of my past (sin) as an example and encouragement to others. I'm looking forward to making new friends in the Lord. Also, I'm looking forward to getting plugged into a caregroup!
I'm so excited for what God's doing and will do in my life! I pray for everyone to not live in rebellion simply because they don't want to let go. For so long people told me my life would be totally different and I would have joy like never before...Well world, it's true! And trust me, I was the LAST person in the world to believe it... Please don't reject God and the things of God simply because you're "having fun". Eternity is in sight -- closer than we think. Where will we spend eternity?
Praise God for His MERCY!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

"Now I can trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of Mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the Cross..."

Do you remember that song? I think it should be the theme of your blog :) It actually is the "theme song" to every sinner saved by God's amazing grace. He turns our mourning into joy, our ashes into beauty and we know wear a Righteous God's forgiveness as a crown...

Cool blog, Chick :)

Your mercy found me, Upon the broken road, And lifted me beyond my failing, Into Your glory, My sin and shame dissolved, And now forever Yours I'll stand. In love never to end, To call You more than Lord, Glorious friend. So I throw my life upon all You are, Cause I know You gave it all for me, And when all else fades, My soul will dance with You, Where the love lasts forever.

"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4