Sunday, November 16, 2008

God is Good!

So today is a big day for me and I just thought I would share it with you!
I received a phone call from Sprint today and my starting date is officially November 22. Not only am I starting work this week, I'll be getting paid a lot more than I've ever been paid in any position I've held. I'll be a Lead Consultant, which is a management position who basically runs the store and reports to the store manager. I have been blessed tremendously by this position.

Also, I was looking for an apartment to rent and I found out that I can actually purchase a house at a cheaper price and own it in the end. So while I'm living with my cousin Kelly and her husband Kyle, I'm going to save as much as I can for a downpayment to purchase my own home!

Today is also a big day for me because on November 16, 2007 I rededicated my life to Christ, after having to go through a difficult season. I have definitely come to realize within this past year that following Christ is wonderful, there's a ton of adventures, it's a never ending journey, and God is good! I have held onto Romans 8:28 "For we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose," and Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

You know what? I'm really grateful I took that scary leap of faith to move out to Texas. Yes, it was a huge, HUGE deal for me and still is, but I believe (because God confirmed it over and over and over again in different messages and people talking with me before I moved) that if I hadn't taken that leap of faith, God wouldn't have been able to bless me like this.
So yes, it remains...God is Good!!!

1 comment:

Dan said...

I'm so proud of you, Bekah. Both for the job news, and for who you've become over the last year. Though I miss you terribly, I'm mostly glad for your happiness. Can't wait to see you next week.

Love you, Dad

Your mercy found me, Upon the broken road, And lifted me beyond my failing, Into Your glory, My sin and shame dissolved, And now forever Yours I'll stand. In love never to end, To call You more than Lord, Glorious friend. So I throw my life upon all You are, Cause I know You gave it all for me, And when all else fades, My soul will dance with You, Where the love lasts forever.

"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4