Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm Alive

Mom and I made it to Texas! We drove here from Florida in my lovely Toyota Corolla. It was a fun drive...definitely created some lifetime memories! For example, singing Carole King songs really loud and hitting really bad notes during David Cook songs. Great times.

And now I'm here. It's so strange. It's all like one big dream. I wonder if I'll wake up tomorrow in my bedroom on Touro Drive...waking up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and puppies kissing my face? I fear my waking up will be quite different tomorrow. I'm excited to go to church in the morning, but I'm definitely having some not-so-fun emotions mixed with excitement and anticipation.

I'm so blessed to be able to stay at my cousin's house. They've set up a nice room for me in the back of the house. I have my own bathroom and a walk in closet! I definitely feel welcomed here. It was great when we arrived at my grandparent's house. Poppy was in his garage doing something or another. He looked so happy to see us. And Grammy was too! She was cooking dinner, but managed to give Mom and I a big hug! I'm so happy to be close to them. Whether I'll be here for a couple of months, a year, or longer, I'm grateful for this opportunity.

I'm kind of at a loss right now. I don't quite know how I should be feeling. I guess everything is just so overwhelming. I'm so uncomfortable when it comes to new things like this. For example, I'm the type of person who likes to sit on my sofa every night perhaps with a cup of coffee, playing sudoku or crocheting. I've been very comfortable with my life. So this for me is a HUGE step. I actually have to grow up a bit now. Scary! Exciting!

I'm very grateful to know that no matter what, God is here. He has come before me and He will go behind me. His plan is perfect. And I'm trusting Him. That's about all there is to it. HaHa.

No comments:

Your mercy found me, Upon the broken road, And lifted me beyond my failing, Into Your glory, My sin and shame dissolved, And now forever Yours I'll stand. In love never to end, To call You more than Lord, Glorious friend. So I throw my life upon all You are, Cause I know You gave it all for me, And when all else fades, My soul will dance with You, Where the love lasts forever.

"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4