Monday, October 6, 2008

Life

This morning during my quiet time I came across something that seemed to really impact me. I wanted to share it with you...

Taken from the book Whiter Than Snow by Paul David Tripp, pg 24

God has promised to sustain us by His grace. (God never and will never break His promises.
He promised us the sustaining grace of:

1. Forgiveness - So we can stand before Him unafraid
2. Enablement - Giving us the strength to do what He calls us to do
3. Protection - Delivering us from evil
4. Wisdom - Protecting us from our own foolishness
5. Perseverance - Keeping us until the final enemy has been defeated
6. Eternity - Giving us hope for the day when the struggle will be over.

It is a willing heart that causes us to seek the grace that has been promised.

...I was just so encouraged when I read this! I think that main part that really stood out to me was that God promises these things. God is not able to break a promise. He has promised He won't! I am reminded of Isaiah 55..."For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty,but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."

I believe 100% that this could also apply to the promises God has made to His people. For this, I am forever grateful! Who am I that I should receive this? Simply a sinner in desperate need of forgiveness. Thanks be to God my debt has been paid and now I am promised wonderful things from a wonderful God!

I hope this encourages you tonight.

No comments:

Your mercy found me, Upon the broken road, And lifted me beyond my failing, Into Your glory, My sin and shame dissolved, And now forever Yours I'll stand. In love never to end, To call You more than Lord, Glorious friend. So I throw my life upon all You are, Cause I know You gave it all for me, And when all else fades, My soul will dance with You, Where the love lasts forever.

"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4