Wednesday, October 1, 2008

So....

Tomorrow is my last day in Florida for a while. It's a crazy feeling! It's almost not real. I think the only way I've been able to deal with it is by not thinking about it - the reality of moving. Tonight as I was at work, I kept thinking about how this is really real. Of course I started to freak out. I almost had a panic attack, but I didn't. It's just so overwhelming. Sometimes I wonder if I've made a big mistake? But I know doors have opened for me there, where doors have closed for me here. Will that last forever? I don't know. Perhaps I just need to get our of town for a little bit to learn some things. I don't know.

This I do know: That God is for me...Who can be against me? Or, what can be against me? Can a new situation, new circumstances, distance, uncertainties...If God is for me, what can be against me?

Some of my favorite scriptures are very helpful right now:
"You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call. This I know, that God is for me. In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
Psalm 56:8-11

"Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9

"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace..."
Isaiah 55:12

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

I would greatly appreciate your prayers as I'm going through this transition in my life. Thank you in advance! And I will do my best to keep this updated.

1 comment:

Brian G. Najapfour said...

Hi friend,

I will remember you in my prayer this week.

Well, I know exactly the feeling of being away from your loved ones. It's hard. But always remind yourself that God is with you wherever you go.

Enjoy life, but avoid sin.

Keep in touch, my friend.

Your mercy found me, Upon the broken road, And lifted me beyond my failing, Into Your glory, My sin and shame dissolved, And now forever Yours I'll stand. In love never to end, To call You more than Lord, Glorious friend. So I throw my life upon all You are, Cause I know You gave it all for me, And when all else fades, My soul will dance with You, Where the love lasts forever.

"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4